Fundraising / Donations
Suggested Fundraising Activities
There are many different ways you can fundraise depending on the amount of time and energy you have to spare!
- If you’re strapped for time but want to do something, why not ask your friends and family to make donations instead of buying you presents on your next birthday or wedding anniversary. We’ll keep track and send you a total after the big day.
- Create your own quiz and sell it to your friends, family, classmates or colleagues. Give them one to two weeks to complete and send it back, give the winner a prize.
- Have a 'dress down day' in your workplace or school. Everyone pays £2 (or whatever you decide) to take part. Why not add a theme to make it more interesting? Once a week for a month people could wear clothes from different decades, or one week everyone wears blue, the next orange, the next white etc
- Host a sports day in your local leisure centre. Have a 5-aside football tournament, swimming competition, obstacle course.
- Host a themed party. Eg Round-the-World Night - serve international foods and everyone dress up as something from another country like a flag, a kangaroo, stereotypical French man with beret and garlic, presidents of other countries or famous musicians/actors. Sell tickets and have a raffle. Rock & Roll night etc.
- Hold a cabaret night; get local businesses to donate prizes for the raffle in return for accreditation. Comedians, Batchelor Auctions, Blind date competitions followed by a band or disco make for good entertainment.
What about organising your own sponsored event such as:
- Sponsored no texting day
- Sponsored parachute or bungee Jump
- Sponsored Karaoke Competition
- See A-Z of fundraising for more ideas
TinyLife’s A-Z of Fundraising Activities
Art exhibition, arts and crafts fair, auction, aquarobics, antiques fair.
Bowling competition, BBQ, balloon hunt, boot sale, bad hair day, blind date.
Coffee morning, champagne lunch, cake sale, cricket match, cookery display.
Dog walk/race, dinner dance, darts competition, dance displays, divas night.
Easter egg hunt, egg rolling competition, eat-athon
Funny hat day, family fun day, football tournament, film marathon, flower sale.
Garden party, garage sale, golf competition, guess the…anything.
Head shave, hamper raffle, hula hoop competition, hair-a-thon.
Ice skating, IOU’s, Inter-departmental quiz.
Juggling Competition, James Bond night, jumble sale
Kite flying, karaoke, kissing competition.
Loud tie day, lent- get sponsored for giving something up for lent, line dancing.
Marathon, murder mystery evening.
Non uniform day, night at the races.
Olympic games, obstacle course.
Pram race/walk, penalty shoot out, pamper-thon, pyjama party.
Raffles, races, record breaking competitions, rugby tournament, rounders.
Swim-athon, style-athon, sponsored….anything, sweep stake, street party.
Teddy bears picnic, tug of war, throw wet sponges at boss/teacher.
Ugly face pulling competition, university challenge, unwanted gift sale.
Valentines ball, vintage car rally, volleyball.
Who wants to be a millionaire, wine tasting night, water bucket carrying.
X-marks the spot treasure hunt, xmas pantomime.
Yacht race, yoga demonstration, yellow food day, yelling competition.
Zodiac readings, zoo visit, zip line.
For more information on how to Organise Your Own Event click here.