Family Support Volunteering
Just by reading this you must be interested in volunteering. If you are aged 22 or over, have 3-4 hours to offer per week for at least one year: and care about the work we do then this is for you.
Becoming a TinyLife Volunteer is a very rewarding and life enhancing experience. We are committed to ensuring that everyone who volunteers with TinyLife enjoys their experience.. As a volunteer you will make a real difference to families’ lives. You will learn new skills, make new friends, have a sense of achievement and become part of the TinyLife team. However, it does require a huge commitment and not just in terms of hours.
If you can tick all of these boxes, we would welcome your application to become a TinyLife Support Volunteer:
- You must be 22 years old or over at commencement of training □
- Have a genuine interest in nurturing children and supporting families □
- Undergo an Enhanced NI Check □
- Be able to provide 2 independent referees who will ascertain your suitability to the role (not relatives or friends) □
- Be willing to have an informal interview with a member of the Family Support Team □
- Be willing to participate in our 2 day training programme and complete all stages of the recruitment process □
- Be able to support a family at home, once per week for a morning or afternoon (Mon – Fri 9 -5pm) for at least 1 year commitment □
- .Be medically fit to meet the demands of looking after young children □
- Be able to comply with all TinyLife policies including Child Protection, Lone Worker, Equality, Confidentiality and Health and Safety. □
In addition to the above criteria, we would ask that anyone who has had a life changing event in the last year such as birth of a child, bereavement etc, to defer their application until they are able to commit to the role.
TinyLife considers all notes of interest to volunteer respectfully and we meet with all prospective volunteers individually to discuss their aptitude to the role. If we feel that Family Support Volunteering may not be your best option, TinyLife has other volunteering opportunities which may be of interest to you.
If you would like to find out more about becoming a TinyLife family support volunteer please email us or telephone 028 9081 5050 and ask to speak to a member of the family support team. Alternatively you can download an application form and send it to: TinyLife, Family Support Office, 33 Ballynahinch Road, Carryduff, Belfast, BT8 8EH. We also need fundraising volunteers please click to find out more fundraising volunteering.
Please go to Family Support News for details of next Volunteer Training.